Wednesday, February 29, 2012

You're Eating in a Church

Alas! There has been an upset. The Wizard Themed Restaurant, appropriately named "Wizardz" (notice the cool "z" at the end) has been shut down sometime in the last few months to a year, and no longer exists. But I have loyal voters to please! What was I to do?
 Go with second best, of course. And in this case, second best is...Jesus restaurant. So here we go.

 Upon stepping inside the lobby of the building in Shinjuku that houses Christon Cafe, which is situated on the 8th floor, one is greeted with this sight.
Oh my. What had I gotten myself into.

The elevator opens on the 8th level, and huzzah, we are in a Church of Jesus Christ Themed Restaurant. And holy crap was the place huge. The high ceiling, complete with a mural, plus the dim lighting, really does give the place a church-like ambiance. There's even a sermon stage - but lo and behold! It is decked with high-grade speakers! AND WHAT'S MORE? The music is blaring some kind of techno-synth! And the waitresses are hot young girls wearing crosses and chains!
Ah! But I see there has been yet another upset! This place cannot possibly be run by true Christians. It truly is a theme.

And so I relax a little more. Ken, (who, as usual, was willing to accompany me into yet another crazy food place) and I open our EPICUREAN BIBLES and we select something to order. The food is pretty high-class, but the drinks and deserts have this gothic-church-style twist to them.
The cocktails all have these crazy names like "Kissing Lilith" or "Deathscythe" or even "Gabriel's Stiletto." They looked nice, and had some pretty cool descriptions of the flavors included (rose petals and blueberry? Neat!
But yikes, look at those prices though. No thank you. I'll have...juice instead.
I ordered a zesty pasta with pieces of shredded ham and high-grade bacon in it, and some Italian name, while Ken ordered something with blue cheese in it (well la-dee-da! Pretty fancy, huh?)
The real highlight to the food aspect of the restaurant was when we ordered desert. Being a cheesecake freak, I couldn't help but going for the "Cross-Branded Cheesecake of God". The description on the menu says that it is "made with the recipe of the Lord," (whereas Ken's "Dark Chocolate Temptation" is said to be made in the recipe of the devil. Hahah.) But It can't really be branded, can it?



Oh yes they did.
YET HARK! BRANDED IT IS! They branded my fucking cheese cake with the logo of the restaurant.

And it actually tasted quite nice, too, like the rest of the food before it. All fingers point to the restaurant being fairly high-end, but the clientele seems relatively young. I can think of one person from Montreal who would have enjoyed the place. (My finger's pointed at you, Natasza.)

This photo was taken by TOKYOTELEPHONE.com,
since my camera doesn't do so well in dim light.

All in all, Christon Cafe was quite...special, I think. It's fancy enough that I would bring a date here on a very special occasion, if she had some kind of sense of humor. A very intense Christian would definitely find this place kind of blasphemous, to say the least, what with the Devil-themed cocktails and so and so. But I guess I can be happy that the waitresses were pretty goth girls instead of old nuns or something like that.

I therefore give Christon Cafe FOUR HOLY ROSARIES OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST OUT OF FIVE.

That being done, I will announce the next poll as soon as I think of something that fits my budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment