Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Housewarming (Of Sorts)


As the days go by, I'm settling into my apartment quite nicely. Just yesterday I even hosted a (ghetto) housewarming, with Ken, Sofie and Erika (with little Max) as my guests. It was fun, despite most of the evening consisting of origami, watching Adventure Time, and picking up the stuff Max threw on my tatami floor. We overstocked on chips. I now have several months' supply, I think.
My place isn't fully furnished yet, but I'm getting to like it a lot. There's a fridge that's still on its way.


     Let's see, what have I learned from living on my own in Tokyo?

  1. One roll of toilet paper lasts forever when you're just one guy who takes a dump once in three days.
  2. It's easy to wake up early when your window faces east and you have no curtains.
  3. Potted plants make for good friends.
  4. Cooking is synonymous to saving money.
  5. I can't cook.
  6. Any bag is a garbage bag.
  7. Tatami floors are easier to sleep on than wooden floors.
A view from the bridge right outside my apartment.


No comments:

Post a Comment