Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's Valentine's


My likeness on the bottom left!
...And nothing really exciting happened over the course of the day! Mostly I've been receiving gifts from students though, notably chocolate, a few cards, and in one case a T-shirt, even.
  Of course, the big problem is I can't read a card received from a Japanese child. It's hard enough to read the language regularly, but add on top of that the whole 4-year-old's handwriting aspect and I'm done. I tried passing the card along to one of my coworkers who couldn't do it either.
 Sorry, Rino-chan, I tried. I really did. But I'm no cryptographer. Your gift was heart-warming and I appreciate it no less.


 "Sean, you fart-head," says you. "Why didn't you confess your undying love to some girl?" Well, it doesn't work like that in this country. I promise I'll explain that on the second Valentine's day thing that happens on March 14th. I'm not even kidding. Japan kind of took this whole commercial holiday to a whole other level.

So what did I end up doing?
 Well I got together with Millo and Ken and Kazue and we played Monopoly.
How unromantic.
I actually lost first, which goes to show that my skill at Monopoly hasn't increased in the last fifteen years. If you have to know, Kazue won. Fitting, because she sees herself getting into the business of renting out houses and such.


No comments:

Post a Comment