Saturday, February 16, 2013

Phone and Keyboard

Meet Eri! That's "Ellie" if you romanize her name, but we don't do that much.
 She's the receptionist at my current branch in My Gym, my workplace. Even back when I was working at the Yokohama branch, Eri was there too, before we were pulled out into the Tokyo-Hiroo branch together. Sometimes I'll put her on the spot if she steps into one of my classes. Sometimes she'll hand me a bundle of documents to file if I'm out of class. She may even be my manager some day.
 Having lived ten years of her life in Boston, she's as bilingual as they get, but moreover, she's a kind soul and a good heart who has recommended to me places to visit and things to eat. Our schedules be willing, Eri may even jump in from time to time, but in the meanwhile, she's the girl with the phone, the keyboard, and the smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment